40th Anniversary Preview
The 40th anniversary of Cannes Yachting Festival will run from 12th to 17th September 2017 and continue its dynamic reputation as one of the world’s largest in-water yacht shows.
Dubbed ‘The Ultimate Rendezvous,’ the Cannes Yachting Festival has cemented itself as an epicentre for yachting excellence, where the best of yachting connects over 6 days of nautical inspiration and innovation.
Last year, the show boasted a record of 191 new models and 630 yachts, so the 40th anniversary edition of Cannes Yachting Festival in 2017 is forecast to be even more spectacular and ground-breaking.
Bespoke Yacht Charter have over 14 years’ experience with luxury yacht charter in Cannes and we welcome our yacht charter clients to Cannes for a glimpse into one of the French Riviera‘s important trade shows and yachting platforms. See also: Monaco Yacht Show 2017
Here, the yacht charter brokers at Bespoke Yacht Charter share our useful guide to what to expect at the 40th anniversary edition of Cannes Yachting Festival:
Cannes Yachting Festival 2017 Preview
In 2016, Cannes Yachting Festival welcomed 51,000 visitors, 530 exhibitors and 188 global media partners with around 60% of visitors and exhibitors coming to the show from abroad, proving its merit as a focal point for international yachting events.
The show is hosted across three specific zones – a Luxury Gallery inside the Palais des Festivals, Vieux Port and Port Pierre Canto – with 300,000 m2 of exhibition space and 3 km of floating pontoons.
This year, Cannes Yachting Festival runs from Tuesday 12th September to Sunday 17th September. Opening hours are from 10am until 7pm, with late opening till 10pm on Friday 15th September and early closing at 6pm on Sunday 17th September. General admission is €15 pre-sale online or just €19 at the door (one day entry) or €22 pre-sale online and €30 at the door for yachting professionals (6 days) with entrance free for kids up to 12 years of age.
Over 600 yachts will be displayed on land and in water, of which around 100 yachts are debuts for the world, France or Europe. If you are looking for yachts for sale or charter, Cannes Yachting Festival 2017 is the show to attend! As well as the latest motor yachts and sailing yachts, you can discover the cutting-edge tenders, toys, marine accessories, manufacturing equipment and shipyards conducting sea trials for potential buyers.
The Luxury Gallery is a dedicated zone after the entrance to the show that benefits from large foot traffic and is the ideal position for luxury brands to showcase their products.
For the second year, 30 premium brands who epitomize excellence in lifestyle and yachting will exhibit here from design, art, jewellery, spirits, fashion, interiors and technology including Breitling, Lalique, Itas Planisferi, Orlebar Brown and Monalison.
Vieux Port has a wonderful location at the edge of the bay of Cannes and a hop, skip and jump from Cannes’ Old Town quarter, Le Suquet.
Spread across various show zones, you’ll find shipyards, yacht brokers, yacht designers, service companies, and marine accessories alongside the latest tenders, toys and yachts from 10m-55m.
The Jetty = yachts from 10m-45m in water; shipyards, refitters, yacht transport on land.
The Superyacht Extension = yachts from 25m-55m in water; brokers, shipyards, service companies on land.
Pantiero = smaller upmarket boats from 10m-34m in water; marine accessories, equipment, shipyards on land.
Multi-Hull Zone = the largest collection of motor and sailing catamarans and trimarans from 10m-32m in length.
Port Pierre Canto
Dedicated to second hand yachts, the action at Port Pierre Canto shouldn’t be dismissed as the ‘little sister’ of what’s happening at the opposite end of the Croisette at Vieux Port.
For over 10 years, Port Pierre Canto has been dedicated to yacht brokerage and yacht charter of sailing yachts and motor yachts of at least 22m in length.
To facilitate easy access between show venues, free covered boat transfers run between the Superyacht Extension at Vieux Port to Port Pierre Canto every 15 minutes.
The third edition of the Concours d’Élegance will be hosted on Thursday 14th September at 5pm. It is a visually stunning parade of 20 vintage and modern motor and day boats pre and post-1980’s up to 12 metres.
The jury considers the quality and design of the restoration, conservation and history of the vessel, rarity of the boat, elegance of the crew and quality of the parade. Previous years have seen spectators marvel at Fiart Mare Sagittario, Violetta Ariston Juniors and ever popular Riva Yachts models. Awards are also given for Jury Favourite and Most Elegant Female Crew Member.
To watch the parade, you can buy entry for €60 per person which includes access to Cannes Yachting Festival 2017, exclusive access to the Beach Club on the beach of the Festival to attend the Concours d’Elégance (with open bar and mignardises) from 5pm and invitation to the awards ceremony at the VIP Club from 6.30pm.
(Note: VIP Cardholders can watch the parade from the VIP terrace at the Beach Club).
For a personalised experience, Cannes Yachting Festival 2017 offers a VIP Programme with 2 different options: A Riviera Card is valid for 6 days for 2 people and a VIP Card is valid for 1, 2 or 6 days for 2 people.
Both VIP Passes give access to the VIP Club, priority courtesy car service, concierge service, guided tour on one of the organiser’s tenders to view the show’s yachts up close and access to a dedicated VIP terrace to watch the Concours d’Élegance parade. The Riviera Card also includes a helicopter transfer from Nice to Cannes and lunch for 2 people at Panoramic restaurant.
Both types of VIP Passes can be purchased online and you exchange your e-ticket at the VIP desk at the show for a card.
Don’t forget to present your VIP Passes at the VIP Pontoon near the main entrance to get a VIP water shuttle with show partner Wajer & Wajer.
World Yachts Trophies 2017
Around 500 guests are expected at the Carlton Beach on Saturday 16th September from 7.30pm for this exclusive cocktail gala night comprising a prestige dinner, yacht parade, awards ceremony, fireworks and party.
Last year, 45 yachts were nominees for a select number of awards including Best Exterior Design (54m-82m) and Yacht of the Year (82m+). The invitation-only night is a great bonding evening for yachting professionals, owners, shipyards and media to meet and reward the best innovations of the luxury nautical industry of last season.
What’s New at Cannes Yachting Festival 2017
Premium car brand Maserati is the official partner and will present an exclusive Maserati Lounge onsite (Palais 139) as well as offer all VIP and Riviera Card holders a courtesy transfer between the show and Nice Côte d’Azur Airport. Other main partners include Champagne Louis Roederer, jeweller Fred, Globeair private jet charters and Maison Dalloyau.
Cannes Yachting Festival is synonymous with the top names within yachting including Azimut Benetti Group, Riva-Ferretti, Beneteau, Sunseeker, Nautor’s Swan and Overmarine Group.
Some of 2017’s Cannes Yachting Festival debuts are:
- Azimut Grande 35 Metri – Azimut Yachts
- Absolute 73 Navetta – Absolute Yachts
- Custom Line Navetta 33 – Ferretti Group
- Amer 110′ – Amer Yachts
- Astondoa 100 Century – Astondoa Yachts
- Ilumen 28M – Dominator Yachts
- MCY 96 – Monte Carlo Yachts
- AP48′ Sundeck – Cantieri Navali Austin Parker
- Oceanis 51.1 – Beneteau
- M/Y Razan – Turquoise Yachts
- Targa 63 GTO – Fairline Yachts
Bespoke Yacht Charter’s Cannes Yachting Festival 2017 Tips
- To view the list of Cannes Yachting Festival 2017 Exhibitors, click here Cannes Yachting Festival 2017 Exhibitors
- To view the list of participating yachts, click here Cannes Yachting Festival 2017 Yachts
- To view the list of products and services, click here Cannes Yachting Festival Products & Services
- The stands on land are dedicated to shipyards, yacht brokers, equipment, manufacturing, electronics, tech and service companies. This is the place to wander and find the latest gear and innovations in yachting.
- Until Monday 11th September, discounted entry for Cannes Yachting Festival 2017 is available online and offers savings from €4 to €36.
- To win tickets to the show, refer to the Cannes Yachting Festival Facebook Page as they are regularly running competitions where you simply ‘Like’ their Facebook Page and answer a simple question about the show.
- For transport between Nice Côte d’Azur Airport and Cannes Yachting Festival, there are various options. Azur Hélicoptère is the official helicopter transfer partner; transfers run at a 7-minute journey time and cost €160 per person. Private car transfers are aplenty – ensure you book a VTC transfer which ensures they are registered and insured. Allo Taxi Cannes are the official taxi partner; a taxi costs around €80 oneway from the airport to Cannes, depending on traffic. The train service is frequent and takes approximately 40 minutes from Nice St-Augustin train station to Cannes and buses leave from both Terminals 1 and 2 to a central Cannes stop, located opposite the Vieux Port at the Gare Routiere.
Note: Public transport schedules are limited in the late evenings and weekends.
- If you can’t pick up Wifi at the Palais des Festivals or Vieux Port, head to Plage Goéland on the Croisette or Le Potinière restaurant opposite the Palais des Festivals.
- First-time visitor to Cannes Yachting Festival? Follow these useful links and social media handles to stay updated:
This article was written by Rebecca Whitlocke on behalf of Bespoke Yacht Charter.
To discuss your Cannes luxury yacht charter requirements, please contact Bespoke Yacht Charter: