The Ultimate Guide
Monaco Yacht Show 2017 is set to take place from 27 to 30 September 2017 at Port Hercules where around 34,000 attendees will congregate to see, share and admire innovations, trends, luxury yachts and nautical products within the yachting sector.
Undeniably the most significant yachting show for the Mediterranean, the 27th edition of the Monaco Yacht Show under the patronage of H.S.H Prince Albert II of Monaco will be THE place to find the largest yachts, the biggest industry launches and the leading cutting-edge developments across tech, marine accessories, tenders, toys and yacht services.
The Monaco Yacht Show attracts yacht buyers, major shipyards, yacht brokers, designers, equipment manufacturers and other luxury companies and continually adapts to attract players within luxury markets with annual restructuring and improvements. This year, Quai Antoine 1er will be a focal point with relocation of the Car Deck, a new lounge – Starboard, and the Tenders and Toys exhibition zone.
Bespoke Yacht Charter have over 14 years’ experience with luxury yacht charter in Monaco and we welcome the chance to share our guide to what makes Monaco Yacht Show 2017 unmissable. We can’t predict who will win at the MYS Superyacht Awards, we can’t guarantee ample sleep or lack of sore feet from darting between meetings and zipping around the quays, but we can share with you our tips to make the most of the Monaco Yacht Show 2017.
Whether you’re a first-time visitor to Monaco Yacht Show with an eye on the next charter or a returning Monaco Yacht Show exhibitor, Bespoke Yacht Charter would like to present our ultimate guide to Monaco Yacht Show 2017 below:
Monaco Yacht Show 2017 at a glance
Dates: 27-30 September
Opening hours: 10am-6.30pm
590 exhibitors from 38 countries
125 superyachts including 45 yacht debuts; 50% of the exhibiting yachts at MYS were built less than 2 years ago
400 media partners / journalists
What to expect at Monaco Yacht Show 2017
Upper Deck Lounge
Open from 10am to 6.30pm, the Upper Deck Lounge offers a lounge area, meeting rooms, restaurant with lunch service from 12pm (catering courtesy of Private Dining by Fairmont Monte Carlo), free Wifi and the Lanson Champagne bar. Luxury brands are showcased here including Paola Lenti, Glyn Peter Machin, Preciosa, Dassault Aviation and Sabrina Monte-Carlo.
The Starboard area is a new lounge-exhibition zone which will reinvigorate the ‘Le Rocher’ side of Port Hercules. Located on Quai Antoine 1er, it sits alongside the Press Centre, Business Centre and Tenders and Toys Show area.
The Starboard zone has meeting rooms for exhibitors, a restaurant with lunch served from 12pm, a lounge-bar area and will have Happy Hour from 4.30pm, accompanied by live piano music making it a convenient spot for post-meeting apéritifs.
Monaco Yacht Show 2017 attendees are spoiled for choice with a selection of 15 premium vehicles displayed on Quai Antoine 1er at the 2nd edition of the Car Deck. Select vehicles can be taken for a test drive from luxury automobile brands such as Aston Martin, Bentley, Lamborghini, McLaren, Mercedes and Shelby by Gentleman Car.
Tenders & Toys Show
Situated in a dedicated exhibition area on Quai Antoine 1er, head here to see the latest yacht toys for land, sea and air as well as tenders displayed on land (at the extension of Quai Jarlan) and in water.
The Holland Pavillion
The best of Dutch yachting comes together under one roof at The Holland Pavillion, a popular exhibition area located between Quai des Artistes and Stars ‘n’ Bars. Overseen by the HISWA Holland Yachting Group, expect to see stands from top Dutch companies such as Feadship, Heesen, Amels, Royal Huisman, Wajer and Oceanco.
Monaco Yacht Summit
Held the day prior to the opening of Monaco Yacht Show 2017, the Monaco Yacht Summit is an event chaired by industry leaders to provide insight via 5 workshops into issues facing first-time buyers or charterers.
Hosted at Le Méridien Beach Plaza Hotel, the event is free of charge but is restricted to strictly qualified attendees who are interested in buying or managing a superyacht. Participation is invitation only, to register to qualify send an email to email@example.com
A special VIP programme is available for a made-to-measure superyachting experience for premium MYS guests. Included is a concierge service to plan the stay of the visitors, an exclusive tour of the bay of Monaco by VIP tender, personal invitations to events held by luxury brands, lunch at the show’s official restaurant, luxury courtesy car service and organisation of private visits to the superyachts officially participating in the show, in coordination with the exhibiting yacht brokerages and shipyards.
Sapphire Experience clients also receive an invitation to the MYS Inaugural Gala Party and MYS Superyacht Awards. Note: The Superyacht Owner’s VIP Lounge that was hosted at Joseph Monaco last year will not take place this year.
Additionally, VIP clientele have a dedicated information portal for the Monaco Yacht Show, find it here: www.monacoyachtshow.com
MYS Inaugural Gala Party & MYS Superyacht Awards
Hosted the evening prior to the Monaco Yacht Show opening, the MYS Inaugural Gala Night on 26 September will welcome around 700 prestigious guests and 10 sponsors to celebrate the launch of the show.
As well, the evening will honour some of the superyachts at the 4th MYS Superyacht Awards with 4 categories up for grabs – the MYS / Rina Award, MYS Interior Design, MYS Exterior Design and MYS 2017 Finest New Superyacht Award.
Press Centre & MYS Breaking News Centre
Any yachting company knows that media coverage is essential to building a brand and Monaco Yacht Show is a trade show buzz for around 400 global journalists and media partners.
The Press Centre, situated on Quai Antoine 1er, is a working area for journalists and media companies with yachting publications on display and media resources.
The MYS Breaking News Centre, hosted by Superyachts.com since 2010 is based at Darse Sud Plongeur (outdoors). Here, they interview top managers of exhibitors, discussing trends and lifestyle topics related to yachting.
MYS Captains & Crew Lounge
Situated on Quai Louis II, the MYS Captains & Crew Lounge is open 8.30am to 7pm with meal service, drinks and activities on offer for all Captains and crew of MYS.
Only Watch 2017
As well as Ulysse Nardin’s spectacular Monaco watch, lovers of luxury timepieces can get their dials in a spin with the Only Watch exhibition at stand Parvis Piscine QP28.
Monaco Yacht Show 2017 is a premier location to unveil the first stage of a 10-city global tour where you can see 52 one-off models by the world’s best watchmakers such as Audemars Piguet, Carl F. Bucherer, Hublot, Patek Philippe, Piaget, Tag Heuer and Zenith.
The tour ends with a Christie’s auction in Geneva on 11 November, with all proceeds from the auction donated towards research into a cure for Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD).
MYS 2017 Debuts
Monaco Yacht Show 2017 brings together the world’s biggest names in yachting and it’s where 40+ new launches are unveiled. Major yachting companies have yachts on display within the show and tender services for visitors interested in viewing their yachts at anchor.
Some of the Monaco Yacht Show 2017 yacht debuts are:
- 85m / 280ft ARETI from Lürssen with a stunning interior and exterior by Winch Design
- 74m / 243ft CLOUD 9, the 2nd largest yacht from CRN
- 67m SEASENSE by Benetti
- PINK GIN VI and the Baltic M78 christened BILL AND ME from Baltic Yachts
- 49m / 154ft AURORA from Rossinavi
- Heesen’s 49.8m Fast Displacement with hybrid propulsion, HOME
- 55m LILI, a customised AMELS 180 that is not for sale or charter will make an appearance, as will the 74m LE240 yacht NEW SECRET from AMELS
- 36.45m CLORINDA from ISA Yachts, the first yacht completed since the Palumbo Group bought the Ancona shipyard
- 52m / 171ft SEVEN SINS, the first model of the 52 Steel line by Sanlorenzo
- 47.5m NERISSA by Bilgin Yachts
- 43.7m CYCLONE by Tansu Yachts
- 47m RAZAN by Turquoise Yachts seen recently at Cannes Yachting Festival 2017
- 49.9m / 154ft VERTIGE by Tankoa Yachts
- Dynamiq’s 35m GTT 115
Also, other highlights expected to take some Monaco Yacht Show 2017 spotlight:
- Feadship’s HURRICANE RUN & 92m AQUARIUS
- DAMEN-built superyacht support vessels – 55m NEW FRONTIER, Fast Support Vessel 6711 and 70m GAME CHANGER
- Rossinavi’s ENDEAVOUR II
- 77m expedition yacht LEGEND that had a full refit in the past few years
- Sunseeker‘s 95, 116, 131 yachts
- The eye-catching PROJECT JUBILEE (110m / 361ft) by Oceanco – the largest yacht at Monaco Yacht Show, the largest superyacht built by Oceanco and the largest yacht built in the Netherlands
- Project news about 46m THE GOTHAM PROJECT by ICON Yachts in partnership with Bristow-Holmes, designer Ivan Erdevicki and naval architects Van Oossanen
- The GOZZO tender from Apreamare and the 17m tender from Maori Yachts
- The PAL-V Liberty flying car that appeared at Top Marques Monaco 2017
- Tech developments for AV systems, flat panel antennas (FPAs), cyber security systems and green tech
- Official sponsor Ulysse Nardin’s ‘Marine Chronometer Annual Calendar Monaco’, their special edition timepiece limited to just 100 pieces
- Geneva-based company Imperiali who will display their connoisseur’s cigar chest, christened ‘The Emperador’, on board PROJECT 783 at berth T05
- Crystal Caviar’s artist Jan Frydrych’s collaboration with Thomas Mercer for a stunning table chronometer
- Glyn Peter Machin’s ‘Adorn’ collection
MYS 2017 Parties
Monaco Yacht Show 2017 welcomes a plethora of industry launches, product releases and cocktail parties to celebrate yachting successes and client relationships. Here is a snapshot of some of the 80 or so social events happening over the course of MYS 2017:
Tuesday 26 September: Invitation-only ‘Blue is the New Black Party’ finish line event of the London to Monaco charity cycle ride hosted by Icon Connect, rue Suffren Reymond
Tuesday 26 September: The invitation-only MYS Inaugural Gala Opening and MYS Superyacht Awards, Le Méridien Beach Plaza Hotel
Wednesday 27 September: Invitation-only evening for Cala del Forte Marina from 6.30pm at Hôtel Hermitage
Wednesday 27 September: ACREW Monaco Kick Off Party, La Rascasse bar
Wednesday 27 September: Edmiston Crew Quay Party, Edmiston Quay
Thursday 28September: Zytexx Cocktail Party from 6pm, La Rascasse bar
Thursday 28 September: Fraser Yachts black-tie Captain’s Dinner from 8pm, Yacht Club de Monaco
Thursday 28 September: Monte-Carlo Gala for the Global Ocean, on the terrace of the Opera Garnier Monte-Carlo, presided by H.S.H Prince Albert II of Monaco with event chairs including Martin Scorsese, Andy Garcia, Uma Thurman, Kevin Spacey and more.
Friday 29 September: Invitation-only Riviera Yacht Support’s Champagne reception and lunch from midday, Quai des Artistes
Friday 29 September: The 5th China Night, Yacht Club de Monaco
Friday 29 September: Dockwalk MYS C&C Lounge Crew Party, Captains & Crew Lounge
Saturday 30 September: Camper & Nicholson Crew Party in the evening, Star Deck (upstairs at Stars n Bars)
Other events (TBC) will be hosted by Boat International, Quinton International on M/Y St David, Yacht Chandlers (Happy Hour at Star Deck)
Bespoke Yacht Charter’s Monaco Yacht Show 2017 Tips
- Click on the link for Monaco Yacht Show 2017 Yachts List
- Click on the link for Monaco Yacht Show 2017 Exhibitors List
- Click on the link for Monaco Yacht Show 2017 Tender Exhibitors
- Click on the link for Monaco Yacht Show Tickets
- Maps for finding your way around – Monaco Yacht Show 2017 Maps
- Looking for Wifi? Head to the Upper Deck Lounge, Starboard exhibition area or MYS Captains & Crew Lounge
- Monaco Yacht Show has an official tour operator – Monaco Check-in – that can arrange accommodation, transfers and flights for show attendees. It’s worth noting that their flight options on their search engine don’t display low-cost airlines such as Easyjet. Note: Bespoke Yacht Charter is not affiliated to Monaco Check-in.
- Monacair is the official helicopter transfer company; flight time between Nice Côte d’Azur Airport and Monaco is 7-minutes with shuttle transfers on arrival. Rates are €130 oneway per person, €250 return per person incl VAT.
- VIP Limousine Monaco offer special rates for chauffeured transfers for 3-8 passengers, contact them here VIP Limousine Monaco for MYS 2017
- If you intend to take the TER train to/from Monaco, it’s worth buying a ZOU! HEBDO pass for the week which will give you a 75% discount on train fares. Simply ask at stations, you must specify your origin and destination. E.g. Nice to Monaco. The train service to and from Monaco is frequent during the day. Journey times are just over one hour oneway from Cannes, 50 minutes oneway from Antibes, 20-25 minutes from Nice Ville (main station), 25 minutes oneway from Ventimiglia to Monaco-Monte Carlo station. Note: The train schedules are limited in the evenings and the last train on Wednesday and Thursday from Monaco heading west beyond Nice is around 9pm so plan transport in advance if you intend to stay out late for events!
- There is a bus service within Monaco courtesy of Ascoma Maritime that links many hotels in Monaco with the show. The service is dedicated to the exhibitors, accredited press/media, professional visitors and Multipass badge holders. Hours of service: 8.30am / 10.30am and 6pm / 9pm.
- Monaco Yacht Show is one of the largest yacht shows in the world and the quays and pedestrian walkways around the port get congested. For onsite transport around the port and exhibition zones, make use of the tender shuttles and the electric golf carts which MYS organisers have said will be more clearly identified. This year, there will also be a pedestrian walkway linking the T-Central area to Quai Antoine 1er.
- Information onsite: Monaco Yacht Show has many hosts and hostesses that can give you information and directions at the show, look for them in the MYS polo shirts. There’s also 3 information points – one outside Parvis Piscine/T Central, one at the Quai Antoine 1er entrance and one on the corner of Jetée Lucciana and Quai Louis II.
Monaco Yacht Show 2017 website: http://www.monacoyachtshow.com/en/
Monaco Yacht Show 2017 Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/monacoyachtshow
Monaco Yacht Show 2017 Instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/monacoyachtshow_official/
Monaco Yacht Show 2017 Twitter account: https://twitter.com/mys_monaco
This article was written by Rebecca Whitlocke on behalf of Bespoke Yacht Charter.
To discuss your Monaco luxury yacht charter requirements, please contact Bespoke Yacht Charter: