Hosted annually at Port Hercules, the 26th edition of the Monaco Yacht Show will be hosted over four days from 28 September to 1 October 2016 and will welcome key decision-makers from leading yachting and high-end companies to the Principality for the ultimate nautical rendezvous.
Monaco Yacht Show 2016 : ‘See and Be Seen’
Well regarded as a cornerstone event on the global yacht show calendar, Monaco Yacht Show 2016 sees attendance from the main companies from superyacht sales, luxury yacht charters, naval architecture, construction and design, shipchandlery, tech and toy innovators, marine technology, luxury goods and services and media.
Set in the heart of the Principality, the show exudes prestige and class with superyacht owners and buyers treading the quays alongside the biggest yacht brokerage firms, yachting suppliers and ancillary luxury providers who will also present the latest trends in supercars and private aviation.
With show representation from 38 countries and around 300 businesses in Monaco who rely on yachting as their principal source of income, Monaco Yacht Show has cemented its place as THE trade show for megayachts and any yachting figurehead who aims to see and be seen.
The official sponsor of Monaco Yacht Show 2016 is Ulysse Nardin, the Swiss fine watchmaker responsible for many marine deck chronometers and whose 170-year history has resulted in personal timepieces that exemplify cutting-edge technology and style – keep a look out for their Monaco Limited Edition watch.
As in preceding years, Monaco Yacht Show 2016 receives recognition and support under the High Patronage of His Serene Highness Prince Albert II of Monaco.
Monaco’s allure as a yacht charter destination
Bespoke Yacht Charter sets a high precedent for Monaco yacht charters including yacht charter options for major events such as Monaco F1 Grand Prix.
Both Port Hercules and Port Fontvieille are well positioned for yacht charter guests wanting to visit this popular destination, with excellent proximity to Nice Côte d’Azur Airport and the Fontvieille heliport.
As well as the most prestigious labels in haute couture at fashion boutiques, historical monuments and Michelin-starred restaurants, Monaco is a fine introduction to Mediterranean charters heading east to the picturesque towns of the Italian Riviera or west towards other French Riviera ports at Nice, Antibes, Cannes or St Tropez.
Monaco Yacht Show 2016 in numbers
- 125 superyachts on display, with another 140 at anchor in the bay of Monaco – click on the link for the Monaco Yacht Show 2016 Yachts List
- 40 new builds with their world premieres
- 580 exhibitors from 38 countries – click on the link for the Monaco Yacht Show 2016 Exhibitors List
- 40 tenders and toys including Seamagine, Seabob and FunAir inflatables who will launch their ‘Leap of Faith’ platform and Golf Green
- 400 journalists and media representatives
- 35,000 visitors expected
Admission prices and Opening hours
Open daily from 10 am – 6.30 pm
One day Pass:
Online: €150 per day via the MYS website until 15 September (VAT included)
Door Sales: €150 per day from day one of the show (VAT included)
Note: One day Passes permit access to exhibition areas but exclude access on board yachts (unless by invitation).
Professionals: (4-day Pass for nautical or luxury industry professionals)
Online: €480 per person via the MYS website if purchased prior to 15 September (VAT included)
Door sales: €500 per person (VAT included)
What to expect
Monaco Yacht Show 2016 is forecast to be bigger and better than last year’s record-breaking show which set the largest attendance numbers ever (34,000) since the show’s inception. This year, expect a prominent collection of yachts 65 metre+ and a portfolio of designs presented from a broad range of companies including Chinese-based Pride Mega Yachts’ 92 metre NinetyTwo through to 111 metre Ascendance by Andy Waugh Yacht Design.
Expect more media hustle around yachts such as Feadship’s Kamino, the 70 metre Galactica Super Nova from Heesen Yachts and the 90 metre concept Project Moonstone – Van Geest Design’s collaboration with Temeloy Advanced Lighting Design where the yacht’s superstructure can synchronise lighting with the owner’s smartphone to provide an uber-cool sunset, starlight or cityscape effect.
There will be some stellar sailing vessels making an appearance including 90 metre schooner Athena, the 70 metre Perini Navi ketch Sybaris and the debut of 38 metre performance sailing yacht, Dahlak.
A new exhibition space, the Car Deck, will be open on Quai Rainier III with a bar/lounge onsite and is solely dedicated to prestige vehicles from luxury brands such as Centigon, Lamborghini, Rolls-Royce and Tesla – there will be the opportunity to take 10 luxury cars for test drives.
- For a Virtual Tour of the show venues, click on this link Monaco Yacht Show virtual tour
- For Monaco Yacht Show 2016’s Layout Map (in pdf format), click on this link Monaco Yacht Show 2016 map
- Free shuttle boats will transport visitors from 10 am to 6.30 pm on 6 routes across Port Hercules; refer to the layout map for shuttle points.
- A network of free golf carts will transport visitors from 10 am to 6.30 pm and link the northern and southern quays via Quai Rainier III, Quai Antoine 1er, Parvis Piscine, Quai Louis II. Refer to the layout map for golf cart stops.
- Free shuttle buses for exhibitors/professionals/Multipass holders/media will link the show and major Monaco hotels between the hours of 8.30 am – 10.30 am and 6 pm – 9 pm.
- A courtesy car service is on offer for Multipass badge holders throughout each day of the show; collection points are the entrances to Quai Antoine 1er and Quai Louis II.
- For a map of car parks close to the Monaco Yacht Show 2016, click on the link Monaco Yacht Show car parks.
- The MYS Reception Team will be onsite to help guide visitors and exhibitors throughout the show; look for their easily recognisable uniforms.
- The Upper Deck Lounge (Parvis Piscine tent) is open 10 am to 6.30 pm for all Monaco Yacht Show 2016 private and professional clientele with badges. Here, you will find the official restaurant, a lounge with champagne including Lanson Black Label and Cuvée S.A.S Albert II vintage and private meeting rooms (Wifi enabled).
- Darse Sud: Here you’ll find the Darse Sud Lounge (Darse Sud tent) open 10 am to 6.30 pm to all exhibitors and visitors with sofa zones for business meetings and free access to a selection of MYS partner press. The outdoor area will host the MYS Breaking News Centre with interviews from exhibitors about current yachting news and trends.
- The Monaco Captains & Crew Lounge sponsored by FunAir and the official media partner Dockwalk is located on Quai Louis II right next to the Yacht Club and is open daily from 8.30 am to 7 pm. All superyacht captains and crew exhibiting in the show or anchored in the bay of Monaco are welcome to drop by to relax with a massage from Daniele de Winter (pre-reservation only), catch up on emails with the free Wifi, or replenish with a complimentary range of food and drinks (Note: Attendees can request their C & C Lounge badge at myscclounge.com).
- Need refreshments? Head for Jetée Lucciana where Café Lucciana will provide snacks and drinks all day through the show, or the entrance to Quai Antoine 1er where a pop-up bar by Corsican mineral water company Orezza will offer visitors and exhibitors options for breakfast, lunch or drinks (Orezza Bar open 9 am to 6.30 pm)
- For accommodation and transport, Monaco Yacht Show 2016 has partnered with Monaco Check-in (accommodation and/or flights) and Monacoair (heli transfers between Nice and Monaco). Find out contact details here: www.monacoyachtshow.com
Monaco Yacht Show 2016 hosts over 80 highly anticipated social gatherings, cocktail parties and private events each year – both on water and on land. Some of the places to be in 2016 are:
– Tuesday 27 September: The Inaugural Gala Party will open the show at the beautiful Salle Belle Époque at Hôtel Hermitage where around 350 industry guests will enjoy the 3rd MYS Superyacht Awards. Four superyacht awards will be handed out: The MYS/RINA Award, Interior Design Award, Exterior Design Award, and the finest new superyacht at MYS 2016. The Gala Party is a private event by invitation only.
– Tuesday 27 September: Camper & Nicholsons Crew Star Awards at the Yacht Club de Monaco; more details to come.
– Tuesday 27 September: Gym Marine’s Tequila Night – venue/time to be advised; invite only.
– Wednesday 28 September: Edmiston Crew Quay Party (open to all Edmiston Crew) at the Edmiston Quay from 7 pm.
– Thursday 29 September: The invitation-only Zytexx Cocktail Party at La Rascasse Bar from 6 pm to 9 pm.
– Thursday 29 September: The invitation-only Fraser Yachts Captains’ Dinner at the Yacht Club de Monaco from 8 pm.
– Friday 30 September: Invitation-only Riviera Yacht Support Lunch at Quai des Artistes from midday.
– Friday 30 September: Captain & Crew Lounge Party at the Monaco C & C Lounge from 7.30 pm to 11 pm.
– Wednesday 28 September, Thursday 29 September & Friday 30 September: The Superyacht Owners VIP Lounge will be hosted at Restaurant Joseph each evening with invite-only themed nights (Miami Beach, Cuba Libre and Final Fiesta) for Designers, Owners and Captains.
Other great social events during Monaco Yacht Show 2016 are expected from ACREW, Boat International, Burgess, Heesen Yachts invite-only event with Baccarat and Champagne De Watère on board M/Y Amore Mio, Wine Palace Montecarlo and Y.Co.
Workshops, seminars and competitions:
During the show, there are a number of workshops, seminars and competitions that aim to inform, inspire and challenge superyacht professionals, notably crew. A few of those on offer include:
– Wednesday 28 September: PYA Table Setting Competition from 10 am – 3.30 pm; PYA Deckhand sessions from 2 pm – 5 pm
– Friday 30 September: Ports Toulon Provence Security Workshop at the Monaco C & C Lounge from 4 pm
– Friday 30 September: PYA GUEST Training Program sessions in the afternoon; World Chef Awards from 3.30 pm – 4 pm
Downtime in Monaco
First time to Monaco? The Monaco Department of Tourism and Conferences is a useful resource with information about transport to Monaco, restaurants and sightseeing. Visit their website: www.visitmonaco.com
Bespoke Yacht Charter’s suggestions for downtime activities in Monaco during 2016’s show:
- Until 30 September: Exhibition ‘Taba Naba: Australia and Oceania, The Arts of the People of the Sea’ at the Musée Océanographic.
- Thursday 29 September until 01 October: The 2nd Top Marques Watches and Jewellery exhibition at the Hotel Hermitage.
- Friday 30 September: Ballet ‘Le Divertissement du Roi’ featuring Diana Vishneva, prima ballerina of St. Petersburg’s Mariinsky Theatre accompanied by Friedemann Vogel, star dancer with the Stuttgart Ballet at the Grimaldi Forum from 8 pm.
Official Monaco Yacht Show 2016 website: www.monacoyachtshow.com
Official Facebook page for Monaco Yacht Show 2016: www.facebook.com/monacoyachtshow
Official Twitter account for Monaco Yacht Show 2016: @mys_monaco
Offical Instagram account: www.instagram.com/monacoyachtshow_official/
This guide was written by Rebecca Whitlocke on behalf of Bespoke Yacht Charter.
To discuss your Monaco and other Mediterranean luxury yacht charter requirements, please contact: